What is POPICheck?
It is a cloud-based rapid assessment tool that helps organisations gauge their readiness for compliance with the POPIA Act.
Companies are facing many challenges in understanding what the POPI Act is, what they are responsible for, where to start, what they need to do to comply and where to record their progress. In many cases they have “POPI paralysis” and are unable to get started.
POPICheck is a cloud-based rapid assessment tool that helps organisations gauge their readiness for compliance with the POPIA Act. It provides a framework that helps companies make sense of the compliance requirements, by providing a structured, guided approach to the process. Users require no knowledge of the POPI Act in order to create and run assessments. They simply login, create an assessment and begin answering questions.
POPICheck helps you to identify key risks and areas and provides corrective actions for improving the organisation’s ability to achieve POPI compliance.
POPICheck™ provides a dashboard summary for your assessment
Drill down to see underlying problem areas and prioritized corrective actions
Use our simple, one button reporting option for export to PDF
Build a picture of your progress towards a successful POPI compliant business
POPICheck measures your progress towards POPI compliance across 4 key areas, Policy & Strategy, Lifecycle & Process, Security and People.
- Identify key risks and areas for improving the organisation’s ability to achieve POPI compliance.
- Generates prioritized corrective actions to improve POPI compliance success.
- Generates a date and time stamped audit report in PDF format to print, email or share with stakeholders.
- Update your answers to revise your score at any time as you progress towards compliance.
- Teams can manage tasks and collaborate on your POPI initiative using Microsoft SharePoint Online and Planner
- No training required – simple interface, extremely intuitive and easy to use
- Industry standard – fully POPI compliant questions, answers, corrective actions and templates
- Simple and easy to use – avoid POPI paralysis and get up and running quickly
- Easy to read dials and summary reports – helps decision makers identify key actions quickly
- Reduces reliance on external consultants – save time and money and streamlines your journey towards POPI compliance
How does it work?
POPICheck is hosted in Microsoft Azure and is available as a cloud-based SaaS (Software as a Service) solution. No infrastructure required – only internet access and a browser.
- Log into the application
- Create an assessment and answer the questions
- View your score and results in a graphical dashboard view or print a report
- Review the corrective actions and assign tasks to remediate them
- As you complete tasks, return to the app and update your answers to generate a new score
- Corrective action also contain links to the relevant field-tested templates that are provided with the application.
- Complete the templates and save them into evidence
- Generate a personalized compliance manual